No festive season hangover in Nov, car sales dip 8.25%
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Congress fields Ajay Rai against Modi in Varanasi; Arvind Kejriwal slapped, BJP calls it a drama
- Amit Shah will destroy secular fabric of UP: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Bihar: BJP attacks Nitish over CRPF officer's death, calls for probe
- BJP's election manifesto is for, by and of Narendra Modi
- First phase of Lok Sabha elections: High turnout in two N-E states
He said the overall slow economic growth of the country and consumers becoming insecure about their jobs has compounded problems and has hit the entry level small car segment.
During the month, market leader Maruti Suzuki's sales rose by 2.35 per cent to 74,793 units. Rival Hyundai Motor India's sales, however, decreased marginally to 34,698 units.
Homegrown auto major Tata Motors' car sales were down by 42.49 per cent at 13,538 units.
In the two-wheeler segment, total sales in November, 2012 rose by 1.23 per cent to 11,75,429 units from 11,61,176 in November, 2011.
Motorcycle sales last month went up marginally to 8,67,518 units from 8,67,088 units in the year-ago month.
In the motorcycle segment, market leader Hero MotoCorp posted 8.31 per cent fall in sales to 4,43,308 units in November. Rival Bajaj Auto's sales went down marginally to 2,27,186 units.
However, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India (HMSI) posted 37.36 per cent increase in sales to 99,062 units, while TVS Motor despatched 50,700 units, 14.29 per cent more than the same month of the previous year.
The scooter segment's overall sales grew by 6.64 per cent to 2,44,392 units from 2,29,173 units.
HMSI's scooter sales fell by 6.34 per cent to 1,10,376 units in November, while Hero MotoCorp sold 44,197 units, up 24.71 per cent. TVS Motor's sales saw decline of 12.87 per cent to 35,837 units.
Total sales of commercial vehicles in November were down by 7.31 per cent to 61,410 units from 66,254 units in the year-ago period, SIAM said.
Medium and Heavy Commercial Vehicle sales declined 33.22 per cent to 17,441 units during the month as against 26,119 units in November last year.
According to SIAM, light commercial vehicle sales grew 9.55 per cent to 43,969 units in November 2012 from 40,135 units in November 2011.
- 4-yr-old sexually assaulted by school bus attendant
- 65 lakh voters register in Pune district
- Candidates declare assets, Ayali has property worth Rs 16.86 cr
- Chaos at DC office as heavyweights file papers
- Culex vishnui mosquito is now breeding in city, finds PGI survey
- Over 6 lakh registered voters in city