No headscarf, Obama may skip Golden Temple visit
- At meet with Chinese counterpart, Sushma Swaraj raises Masood Azhar issue
- How a railway project put truck driver’s son on plane to Japan
- Kingfisher Airlines challenges ED's charges against Mallya in Mumbai court
- BJP's Vijay Goel fined for violating odd-even scheme, he says 'successful protest'
- Inflation in negative zone for 17th month, at -0.85% in March
It is within these red lines that Obama's aides had to find the appropriate headgear which would serve his domestic political purpose while taking care not to hurt Sikh sentiments. The Indian government, on its part, studiously stayed away from this issue, maintaining that it was for US authorities to resolve.
- India has not matched Ambedkar’s poignant urgency for swift action against social apartheid
- Fate of millions of Syrian refugees depends on whether ceasefire can lead to a peace process
- India’s first rankings of higher education institutions need improvement
- Are we at the brink of a technological revolution in the field of medical research and practice?
- People of the Kashmir valley are struggling to decide their identity
- Ambedkar would be deeply ashamed of the way India has turned out