Watching porn on smartphone, tablet 'easiest way to catch virus', says report
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- Watch video: Baba Ramdev caught on camera discussing money with BJP candidate
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Protests against Kejriwal in Varanasi; Modi's rally stage collapses due to rain
Watching pornography on a smartphone or tablet is a potentially risky thrill as it is the easiest way to catch a virus on your device, a new study has revealed.
According to a report by Blue Coat, compared to a PC, a user is three times more likely to accidentally download malware when using a mobile device to look up x-rated material.
The web security and optimization company also said that nearly one-quarter of malware on phones and tablets comes from visits to porn sites, the Daily Mail reports.
This study, reported by CNNMoney, claimed that prurient browsing on phones is not that common, adding that less than one percent of all mobile traffic is to pornographic destinations.
Yet the report also states that porn has led to more malware on smartphones and tablets than e-mail spam, malicious websites, and fake apps put together.
According to the paper, Blue Coat claimed that a major part of the problem is the way URLs are displayed on a phone browser, which makes it more difficult for users to tell if the site is legitimate or malicious.
Unlike on a PC or a desktop computer, for example, there is no way to hover over and preview a link for warning signs, it added
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer