No more fasts, will fight for causes through agitations: Anna
- Will reach out to 'muslim' brothers, address Ram Temple issue: Modi
- Congress backs Priyanka Gandhi as she hits out at opposition for 'targeting Robert Vadra without proof'
- CJI bars advocate's entry in SC for 6 months for sexual harrassment
- April 22 Campaign roundup: Modi hurls a 'khooni panja' at Cong, says its responsible for 1100 lives in Telangana
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, KXIP vs SRH: KXIP beat SRH by 72 runs
Anna Hazare has said he will not resort to fasting any more to press for his demands, and will fight for his causes through agitations.
"Now onwards I will not undertake fast. In future, I will fight for my causes through agitations," the social activist said last night at a Ganesh mandal ceremony in Pimpri-Chinchwad industrial township near Pune.
The anti-corruption crusader also said he would continue to work to send "clean" people to Parliament.
He said a large number of retired IAS officers had shown their willingness to join his movement for a corruption-free India.
Expressing full faith in country's youth, the Gandhian asked them not to be pessimistic about the future of the country.
The septugenarian activist had fasted three times last year (twice in Delhi and once in Mumbai) to press for a strong Lokpal Bill.
The Gandhian again sat on a protest fast at Jantar Mantar in New Delhi in July this year.
Earlier, he had undertaken hunger strikes on several occasions in Maharashtra on issues related to corruption and transparency in governance.
Hazare said he is deeply influenced by Mahatma Gandhi, for whom fasting was a spiritual weapon.
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready