No negative impact of US election on Indian IT: Gartner
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
There will no negative impact of the US election on Indian IT, and a lot of the negative sentiments were poll rhetoric that will die down completely now, according to technology research firm Gartner.
In fact, now that the election is over, enterprises will get back to 'business as usual', which is good news overall for the Indian IT industry, said Partha Iyengar, Vice President, Distinguished Analyst, CIO Research – Service and OT Management, Country Manager - Research, Gartner India.
"The issues around outsourcing come up against the reality that the US is already – in spite of high overall unemployment – facing a big shortage of IT skills", Iyengar said.
"To try and reduce that supply even further will be like shooting themselves in the head!"