Vidya Balan: No one can dare to remake Mother India
- Sahara chief Subrata Roy sent to police custody till March 4
- Petrol price hiked by 60 paise per litre, diesel by 50 paise
- Chhattisgarh: Six policemen killed in Naxal ambush
- IPL betting probe: Senior Tamil Nadu cop suspended for violation of 'conduct rules'
- Govt hikes DA by 10% for 80 lakh employees & pensioners
Actress Vidya Balan, who has posed as veteran actress Nargis from Mother India for a magazine, says no one would ever dare to remake the classic.
Vidya posed as 'Mother India' on the cover of Cine Blitz magazine to celebrate 100 years of cinema. She unveiled the cover of the magazine here over the weekend.
"I don't think anyone would dare to remake Mother India. It is unachievable. And whoever does it I will salute them," Vidya told reporters here.
"When you think of a strong woman of Indian cinema the one name that comes to your mind is Nargis from Mother India. I am happy that in some or the other way I was able to pay tribute to the film," she said.
During the photo shoot, the national award winning actress was not nervous as her focus was on looking perfect. "I think I was trying to keep it original and match up to the original photos - be it in terms of makeup, look, body language etc. So the focus was on recreating that moment," Vidya said.
"I was excited that I got to do this, I feel honoured to pay tribute to her," she said.
Vidya also said that there are some roles that she would love to play on the big screen which include- Sridevi of Mr India and Sadma, noted actress Rekha of Khubsoorat and Umrao Jaan and Hema Malini of Seeta Aur Geeta.
Today, at a time when B-town actresses ape westernculture, Vidya believes in being Indian.
"I was making a conscious effort of going westernised four-five years ago but that made me unconscious. I love Indian cinema, love Indian classical music. I am connected to these things," Vidya said.
"I love Indian caste and culture. Why should I shy away from them, to each is own...I do think more and more people are celebrating Indianness," she said.
- Love and thereabouts
- Youth Akali Dal leaders open fire in front of Akali leader’s home, 3 hurt
- Raarewala market: Shopkeepers threaten LS election boycott; Ayali, mayor swing into action
- Techie murder: 2 months on, cops land in UP on wild goose chase, lens on taxi, auto drivers
- Deoband cleric declares support for Narendra Modi
- Row in British parliament complex over Narendra Modi’s past