No one likes bowling to Virender Sehwag, says Shane Warne
- Arvind Kejriwal lands in Mumbai; takes auto to board local train
- Sahara group moves Supreme Court, seeks immediate release of Subrata Roy
- President not for executing Devinderpal Singh Bhullar, MHA disagrees
- Chhattisgarh: Maoists kill 15 security personnel in biggest attack in 3 years
- Malaysia asks India to join search for missing plane
Australian spin legend Shane Warne today said that Virender Sehwag, who will be playing his 100th Test match tomorrow, is one of the most dangerous players in the game and bowlers dislike facing the big-hitting Indian opener.
"He is a good guy. With a Kevin Pietersen, he is one of the most dangerous batsmen in the world. No one likes bowling to him," Warne said.
The former Australian leg-spinner said Sehwag is not just about natural talent.
"To play a hundredth Test match, you need a lot of things going for you, outside of just natural talent. He is a very good player. You have have to have commitment, dedication, that sacrifice.
"You have to be prepared to play for a long period of time. So to see him play his 100th match tomorrow is going to be fantastic. I am very happy for him to get to hundred Test matches," Warne added.
Test cricket's second highest wicket-taker and of the most charismatic players to have graced the game, Warne was pleased to see Sehwag returning to his old usual self after a lean run.
"I know a lot of people doubted him when he first came into the side. He has been through a bit of form slump so it is great to see him back, smashing all the attacks as he does.
"He is great to watch and I wish him the very best for his hundredth Test," Warne told reporters at an event here, on the eve of the second Test against England.
- Rs 1.28 lakh looted at gunpoint
- Venkaiah Naidu sure of BJP crossing ‘magic figure’ in south India
- AAP candidates truly ‘aam aadmi’: Prithvi Reddy
- Bangalore fund-raiser: Dine with Arvind Kejriwal for Rs 20,000
- AAP sounds Gul Panag about Lok Sabha poll, father says decision soon
- The real high and low: Drunk cop creates ruckus in court, held