No proposal from ArcelorMittal to buy more stake: Uttam Galva
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Uttam Galva Steels today said it has not received any proposal from ArcelorMittal for acquiring additional stake in the company.
"...there is no such proposal by ArcelorMittal Group to
acquire any further stake/shares in Uttam Galva Steels," the
Mumbai-based firm said in a BSE filing.
ArcelorMittal, now a co-promoter of the Mumbai-based galvanised steel maker Uttam Galva, has 33.80 per cent stake in the company as on December-end. The Miglani family, the original promoter, has 37 per cent holding.
Unconfirmed reports had said that the world's largest
steel maker ArcelorMittal was planning to buy out the Miglani
family's entire stake in the firm.
Following the reports, shares of Uttam Galva Steel had initially risen by 16 per cent on the BSE. However, it is trading at Rs 114.90 in the afternoon session, 5.63 per cent
lower over the previous close.
Uttam Galva Steels, according to its website, has three galvanising lines with a total capacity of 3.5 lakh tonnes per
year. It has its own cold rolling facility with a capacity of five lakh tonnes per annum. More than 70 per cent of the company's products are exported to over 100 countries.
India, now the world's fourth largest steel producer with an installed capacity of 90 million tonnes per annum, aims to
increase capacity to 200 mtpa by 2020.
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun
- Movie review: â€˜Jai hoâ€™ | The Indian Express