No question of CAG reports leakage: Vinod Rai
- Winter session Day 1: Govt talks about misuse of word 'secularism', Sonia raises 'intolerance' debate
- Sheena murder: CBI seeks Interpol help, Peter Mukerjea's custody extended till Nov 30
- PPCC chief Bajwa and Jakhar made to resign as rejig in Punjab Congress imminent
- Constitution Day: The many reasons why the BJP decided to celebrate it
- India-Pakistan series to be played from December 15 in Sri Lanka: Rajiv Shukla
Rejecting claims about leakage of CAG reports before being tabled in Parliament, Comptroller and Auditor General of India Vinod Rai today said the figures calculated in different audits like 2G-spectrum, coal block allocation and Commonwealth Games issues were based on certain substances.
"The CAG reports on different matters is in public domain. We stick to our calculation in coal block allocation issue and others. If there is a debate, let it be," Rai said while replying to a question on the criticism of CAG's figure in certain scams at a seminar here.
Stating that every report was unique, he said the CAG did not make any calculation on its own. "We do it on the basis of certain substances," he said.
Replying to a question on the claims about leakage of CAG reports to media before being placed in the Parliament, Rai said, "There is no question of any leakage. It is very simple. We are part of the RTI. If we are preparing a report and someone asked certain question under RTI, we have to give him/her.
"There is a ruling of the Central Information Commission saying that anybody wanting anything during the report preparation can get the reply," he said.
- Why every patriot should be worried, and, yes, ashamed
- Douglass North emphasised institutions when markets were the focus
- ‘Bovine Divine’ controversy lurched between the horrific and the comic
- PM Modi’s achievements abroad appear to cut little ice back home
- Post 13/11 sloganeering at Antalya and Kuala Lumpur won’t be enough
- Can Parliament be insulated from the vagaries of the political climate?