No rains in Delhi, rise in temperature
- All attempts being made to free soldier in Pakistan captivity: Rajnath Singh
- SC cancels Mohammad Shahabuddin's bail, orders police to take him into custody
- Congress and I stand by PM Narendra Modi: Rahul Gandhi on surgical strikes
- Bihar liquor ban: Patna HC strikes down govt's prohibition law, terms it 'illegal'
- LIVE: PM Modi calls second Cabinet Committee on Security meet
A day after record downpours in the capital, Delhiites on Wednesday got respite from rains as an overcast morning gave way to clear sky and rise in temperature.
The rain gauge measured 23.6 mm of rainfall from 8.30 am yesterday till this morning. The city witnessed virtually no rains during the day. Between 8.30 am and 5.30 pm, the city witnessed traces of rains today.
It was yet another overcast morning in the national capital with the minimum temperature settling seven notches above normal at 15.4 deg C.
The maximum temperature was recorded a notch below the normal at 21.6 deg C.
Yesterday, the capital witnessed heavy showers breaking a seven-decade record for highest rainfall in a single day in February. In total, Delhi received 57.1 mm of rains.
- The emergence of Akhilesh Yadav as a popular leader is an indicator of the same-old in the SP
- Poverty caused by expenditure on health has doubled in India in the past 15 years
- India’s aggressive response to Nawaz Sharif’s lies at the UN was a clear indicator of the things to come
- Let’s not allow debate about what it means to be Indian to be held hostage to jingoists and bigots
- People, policymakers can be led by subtly influencing their choice architecture
- Edit - Defining moment