No rains in Delhi, rise in temperature
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
A day after record downpours in the capital, Delhiites on Wednesday got respite from rains as an overcast morning gave way to clear sky and rise in temperature.
The rain gauge measured 23.6 mm of rainfall from 8.30 am yesterday till this morning. The city witnessed virtually no rains during the day. Between 8.30 am and 5.30 pm, the city witnessed traces of rains today.
It was yet another overcast morning in the national capital with the minimum temperature settling seven notches above normal at 15.4 deg C.
The maximum temperature was recorded a notch below the normal at 21.6 deg C.
Yesterday, the capital witnessed heavy showers breaking a seven-decade record for highest rainfall in a single day in February. In total, Delhi received 57.1 mm of rains.
The MeT department has predicted a misty morning tomorrow with clear sky later in the day. Maximum and minimum temperature is likely to remain around 20 deg C and 9 deg C, respectively.