No rains in Delhi, rise in temperature
- IAF An-32 aircraft missing: Manohar Parrikar undertakes aerial survey of search operations
- Hillary Clinton picks Tim Kaine as running mate
- Judith D'souza, Indian kidnapped in Kabul, rescued: Sushma Swaraj
- Bhagwant Mann interview: 'I just wanted to show system of draw of lots in Zero Hour'
- Toll climbs to 46, Rajnath visits Kashmir valley today
A day after record downpours in the capital, Delhiites on Wednesday got respite from rains as an overcast morning gave way to clear sky and rise in temperature.
The rain gauge measured 23.6 mm of rainfall from 8.30 am yesterday till this morning. The city witnessed virtually no rains during the day. Between 8.30 am and 5.30 pm, the city witnessed traces of rains today.
It was yet another overcast morning in the national capital with the minimum temperature settling seven notches above normal at 15.4 deg C.
The maximum temperature was recorded a notch below the normal at 21.6 deg C.
Yesterday, the capital witnessed heavy showers breaking a seven-decade record for highest rainfall in a single day in February. In total, Delhi received 57.1 mm of rains.
- Article 370 was honoured in the breach and the autonomy promised to J&K has been chipped away from time to time
- Violence against Dalits is not something that began in past two years as the tenor of debate in Parliament
- Arvind Kejriwal is uncomfortable with anyone with a mind of his own.
- Not just the Arunachal switch but the choice of Sheila Dikshit for the UP are warnings to the BJP
- Gujarat unrest shows while Dalit lives have improved, conflict has increased
- Zakir Naik is ‘protected’ as an Indian citizen but he considers himself a Muslim first