No respite from cold in Punjab, Haryana; Karnal coldest place
- US court dismisses Devyani Khobragade's indictment in visa fraud case
- CBI chief for closing Lalu cases, director of prosecution doesnât agree
- Ditched by Anna, Mamata rallies â around herself
- AAPâs existence a miracle of Bhagwan, Allah: Kejriwal at Mumbai road show
- Maoist attack: gaps between official version, facts on ground
There was no respite from cold conditions in Punjab and Haryana as mercury dropped by up to five degrees below normal in several places in both states. Thick fog enveloped plain areas of Punjab and Haryana, affecting road traffic, while a few trains were running late because of reduced visibility.
Karnal in Haryana turned out to be the coldest place in the region with minimum settling at 1.8 deg C, five notches below normal, the MeT office said here today.
Narnaul braved cold at 2.7 deg C, down by two degrees below normal, while Hisar had a low of 2.9 deg C, dipping by three notches. Ambala and Bhiwani shivered at 6.1 deg C and 3.8 deg C respectively. UT Chandigarh experienced cold at 5.8 deg C.
In Punjab, Amritsar recorded minimum at 2.2 deg C, while Ludhiana and Patiala had a low of 4.8 deg C and 5.2 deg C respectively. The MeT Department in its forecast said dry weather conditions will continue to prevail in Punjab and Haryana while fog and mist may occur at several places during morning and night in both states. Ground frost may also occur at isolated places during next two nights.The maximum temperature in Punjab and Haryana were also hovering below 20 deg