'No sanction for prosecution under AFSPA'
- Zero-tolerance towards communal violence, must act: Centre to states
- Varanasi: Violence breaks out during protest march, vehicles set ablaze
- Germany our natural partner, says Modi after meeting Merkel; 18 MoUs inked to boost trade
- Why the BJP finds itself in a spot before Gujarat local body polls
- Supreme Court suspends beef ban in Jammu & Kashmir for two months
The Centre has not accorded sanction for prosecution under Armed Forces Special Powers Act (AFSPA) in any of the cases referred to it by the Jammu and Kashmir government.
"No sanction for prosecution has been intimated by Ministry of Home Affairs and Ministry of Defence to the state government from 1990-2011 under the (Jammu and Kashmir) Armed Forces Special Powers Act," the state Home Department said in response to an RTI application.