No satellite deal for Barfi!, Heroine
- Independence Day Narendra Modi speech LIVE: PM addresses price rise to progress
- Narendra Modi speech Independence Day 2016: Transparency seems to be highlight, says processes simplified
- CRPF officer killed as militants attack police station in Srinagar
- Rio Olympics 2016: Dipa Karmakar's Produnova does India proud
- Narendra Modi’s Independence Day speech packs a few subtle hints after the hard messages
These days satellite rights of big films are picked up by various T.V. channels many-a-times even before the release of the film. However 2 of UTV's films namely Barfi! and Heroine haven't yet been premiered on T.V. While Barfi! was a smash-hit at the B.O, Heroine didn't really set the cash registers ringing.
However it is not the B.O. fate of the films that has prevented a T.V. release. According to reliable sources it's learnt that the production house UTV is quoting a high price which is why none of the channels have shown interest in picking satellite rights of Barfi! and Heroine. Sources suggest that UTV was asking Rs. 20 crore for satellite rights of Barfi! and Rs. 15 crore for satellite rights of Heroine.
- Indians are more free than when the British left, but less free than what the framers of our Constitution hoped us to be.
- Gujarat Dalits’ move to quit ‘menial jobs’ in protest has a precedent in UP
- Ravana in Uttar Pradesh: Nayanjot Lahiri
- PM Modi needs to move from slogans to action to transform agriculture
- Nepal: The politician-activist-donor nexus dominates the appointment of judges
- To his successor, and to the PM and the government, Dr Rajan has left valuable messages