No satellite deal for Barfi!, Heroine
- India, Ireland share much in common, says Modi before leaving for US
- Volkswagen CEO Martin Winterkorn resigns amid emissions-rigging scandal
- Hardik Patel surfaces after mysterious disappearance, says he was abducted
- 2006 Mumbai train blasts: Prosecution seeks death penalty for 8 convicts
- Backward class candidates get lion's share in Nitish Kumar's list
These days satellite rights of big films are picked up by various T.V. channels many-a-times even before the release of the film. However 2 of UTV's films namely Barfi! and Heroine haven't yet been premiered on T.V. While Barfi! was a smash-hit at the B.O, Heroine didn't really set the cash registers ringing.
However it is not the B.O. fate of the films that has prevented a T.V. release. According to reliable sources it's learnt that the production house UTV is quoting a high price which is why none of the channels have shown interest in picking satellite rights of Barfi! and Heroine. Sources suggest that UTV was asking Rs. 20 crore for satellite rights of Barfi! and Rs. 15 crore for satellite rights of Heroine.