No shooting of films, TV serials in Mumbai studios
- Telangana LIVE: Bill passed by throwing all norms to the wind, says Kiran Kumar Reddy after quitting Congress
- Protests in RS over Telangana, papers snatched from Secretary General
- Rajiv Gandhi killers to be released, Jayalalithaa takes decision at Tamil Nadu Cabinet meet
- Decision to black out Telangana proceedings taken by Lok Sabha secretariat, confirms Kamal Nath
- Express 5: AAP kickstarts its poll funding drive and Telangana Bill passed in Lok Sabha
The otherwise busy film studios in the city wore a deserted look today with no shooting of films or television serials taking place amid concerns over Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray's health condition.
"People have voluntarily decided not to shoot today," T P Agarwal, President, Indian Motion Pictures Association and Film Federation of India told PTI.
Officials at major studios in the city like Filmcity, Filmistan, Mehboob studio, Kamal Amrohi Studios said that no shooting was going on today.
"Shooting was scheduled to go for few of our shows today but we don't know what the situation is. There are few artists who have voluntarily decided against shooting," a source from an entertainment channel said.
The health condition of the 86-year-old Shiv Sena chief was stated to be critical but stable.
- LS polls: Cong playing wait-and-watch game in dozen-plus seats in state
- ‘Rs 2.3 cr spent on bungalow for former Prez, but that’s no loss to exchequer’
- 9 illegal immigrants working on Army premises nabbed
- BJP’s Saurashtra unit split wide open over former minister’s snub
- Modi: Happy that my speeches contribute to nation’s coffers
- The regressive state