No threat to Arabulís health, shifted from ICU: SSKM medical board
- Supreme Court stays release of Rajiv Gandhi killers after Centre opposes Jayalalithaa's decision
- Rajiv Gandhi assassination case forces adjournment of Parliament
- Facebook to acquire WhatsApp for USD 19 billion in cash and stock deal
- Congâs first casualty of Telangana Bill: Its govt and Chief Minister in Andhra
- Hazare snubs Kejriwal, declares support to Mamata in LS elections
The SSKM hospital medical board, that was formed to analyse the health condition of TMC strongman Arabul Islam, on Monday recommended that Arabul is not likely to suffer from cardiac problem and he does not need to stay in the ICU. Arabul ,who, when in police custody, was admitted to SSKM hospital in 24 hours of his arrest, was shifted from ICU to the general ward on Monday. Arabul is only undergoing 'diabetic' treatment, it said.
Tamal Ghosh, superintendent of SSKM hospital, said, "We set up a medical board to analyse the health condition of Arabul Islam. The medical board has recommended that he would be shifted to general ward from the ICU. He is still under observation. We are treating him for diabetes."
However, the hospital authorities are still not sure of the number of days Arabul needs to stay in the hospital. "We did not find any cardiac problems or any serious problem in his health till now. However, after a few days, we will again conduct some of the medical examinations including ECG on him. Accordingly, we will decide when he can be discharged," said a senior doctor of the hospital.
Meanwhile, of the two cases which were registered against Arabul, he has been granted interim bail in the case of of assaulting veteran CPM MLA and former minister Abdul Rezzak Mollah. Two cases were lodged with Kolkata Leather Complex police station. In both the cases, Arabul was remanded in police custody for five days. Among two cases, one case was registered under the sections of Arms and Explosive Act, while another case was lodged under the section of Attempt to Murder. Arabul has been granted interim bail in the cases under the Arms and Explosive Act as police could not produce a seizure list.
- LS polls: Cong playing wait-and-watch game in dozen-plus seats in state
- ‘Rs 2.3 cr spent on bungalow for former Prez, but that’s no loss to exchequer’
- 9 illegal immigrants working on Army premises nabbed
- BJP’s Saurashtra unit split wide open over former minister’s snub
- Modi: Happy that my speeches contribute to nation’s coffers
- The regressive state