No ties with V K Singh if he shares stage with political parties: Anna
- Sahara chief Subrata Roy arrested in Lucknow, says he was not absconding
- In countdown to polls, UPA govt pushes for dozen cabinet proposals to beat moral code of conduct
- BJP gets its first new ally as Paswan returns to NDA fold
- Donât run from big retail chains, face them, Modi tells traders
- Lokpal selection process wonât yield best candidate, says Fali, declines role
Social activist Anna Hazare said on Saturday that he would severe all ties with former Army chief Gen (retd) V K Singh if the latter continued to share the stage with political parties. Earlier this month, Singh addressed an ex-servicemen's rally with Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi at Rewari in Haryana.
"I have nothing to do with any political party and I keep away from them. If he (V K Singh) is sharing the stage with political personalities, then henceforth he will have nothing to do with me. I have spoken to him on this issue and he is supposed to give a clarification (on attending Modi's rally) to me within a few days. After that I will take a decision," Hazare told mediapersons in Ralegan Siddhi.
Hazare had formed a new front with Singh — the Jantantra Morcha — after he fell out with Arvind Kejriwal. The two toured Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Uttarkhand, Rajasthan and Punjab with the aim to "create awareness about corruption".
- Love and thereabouts
- Youth Akali Dal leaders open fire in front of Akali leader’s home, 3 hurt
- Raarewala market: Shopkeepers threaten LS election boycott; Ayali, mayor swing into action
- Techie murder: 2 months on, cops land in UP on wild goose chase, lens on taxi, auto drivers
- Deoband cleric declares support for Narendra Modi
- Row in British parliament complex over Narendra Modi’s past