DND flyway drive gets dearer as Noida Toll Bridge Company hikes toll rates
- Patel row: Army conducts flag march to restore peace; seven dead in violence
- I know the exact cause of Sheena's murder: Indrani's son Mikhail Bora
- 26/11 Mumbai attack: Pakistan FIA did not probe role of Hafiz Saeed and David Headley
- Two US television journalists shot dead during live show; gunman dies in hospital
- OROP: Ex-servicemen say govt short changing them, dismiss its proposal
Toll rates for the DND (Delhi-Noida Direct) flyway were hiked from today by the Noida Toll Bridge Company Limited (NTBCL).
"Two wheelers toll rates have been increased from Rs 11 to Rs 12, for cars from Rs 22 to Rs 25, LCVs from Rs 45 to Rs 55, bus and truck will now shell out Rs 70 from earlier Rs 55. Large vehicles will pay Rs 100 from existing Rs 75 and extra large vehicles from Rs 95 to Rs 135. The hiked rates are effective from today," said Anwar Abbasi, spokesperson, NTBCL.
However, the commuters are disappointed with the increase four months after withdrawing the toll hike.
"Today I paid Rs 25 as toll tax for my car instead of Rs 22. It will put an additional expense of Rs 180 every month," said Neeraj Sharma, a resident of Noida who uses DND Flyway to go to his work place at Defence Colony in Delhi.