Noida launches group housing scheme
- GST Bill in Rajya Sabha this week, Jaitley to discuss amendments with state finance ministers
- Narsingh Yadav fails dope test, Rio 2016 Olympics participation under threat
- AAP MLA Amanatullah Khan arrested for threatening a woman
- Kin of missing AN-32 passengers, crew: Across the country, they wait for word, hoping and praying
- Kashmir unrest: Of 317 with pellet injuries in action by CRPF, over 50% have been hit in eye
With their group housing schemes drawing a poor response, Noida Authority has again come out with a fresh scheme of group housing in Sectors 110, 120 and 137.
In the new scheme, there will be 10 plots for auction in the three sectors.
In Sector 110 and 120, there will be four plots, with sizes ranging from 70,000 sq m to 1,64,120 sq m, In Sector 137, there will be six plots ranging from 51,000 sq m to 1,00,000 sq m.
"We believe in concept of affordable housing and the fresh auctioning of plots for the group housing society scheme (GHSS) is a step towards achieving this goal," Mohinder Singh, CEO, Noida-Greater Noida Authority, said.
Prior to this, the Noida authority had come up with two similar projects. In the scheme launched in 2007-08, five plots found no bidders. In the GHSS launched in 2008-09, only five plots were auctioned out of 12. To tackle a lack of parking space in industrial areas with the increasing number of vehicles, Noida Authority's board of directors has decided that industrial areas can have more than one parking basement. "Now, industrial areas can have two parking basements," the CEO said. To promote industries that are currently facing the repercussions of the downturn, Noida Authority will give completion certificates to buildings when they have of 50 per cent construction of the ground-floor area complete. "This clause also applies to residential schemes," a senior official said. The authority has appointed RITES as a technical partner for approval of building projects.
Under the hammer
4 plots in Sector 110 and 120
70,000 sq m
to 1,64,120 sq m — size of plot
6 plots in Sector 137
51,000 sq m to
1,00,000 sq m—size of plot
- Kashmir unrest: A to-do list for PM Modi
- Not too late to reverse an ugliness spreading in the name of our sacred cows
- Arvind Kejriwal is uncomfortable with anyone with a mind of his own
- Not just the Arunachal switch but the choice of Sheila Dikshit for the UP are warnings to the BJP
- Gujarat unrest shows while Dalit lives have improved, conflict has increased
- Zakir Naik is ‘protected’ as an Indian citizen but he considers himself a Muslim first