Noida launches group housing scheme
- Arunachal crisis: SC to hear Congress plea against President's rule at 2 pm
- 6 years later, the admission — ‘Yes, I shot him dead, he was unarmed, officer told me to’
- India is doing great, nobody talks about it, says Donald Trump
- NFHS report reveals 50% children under five years anaemic in West Bengal
- Toyota sells 10.15 million vehicles in 2015, remains world's biggest automaker
With their group housing schemes drawing a poor response, Noida Authority has again come out with a fresh scheme of group housing in Sectors 110, 120 and 137.
In the new scheme, there will be 10 plots for auction in the three sectors.
In Sector 110 and 120, there will be four plots, with sizes ranging from 70,000 sq m to 1,64,120 sq m, In Sector 137, there will be six plots ranging from 51,000 sq m to 1,00,000 sq m.
"We believe in concept of affordable housing and the fresh auctioning of plots for the group housing society scheme (GHSS) is a step towards achieving this goal," Mohinder Singh, CEO, Noida-Greater Noida Authority, said.
Prior to this, the Noida authority had come up with two similar projects. In the scheme launched in 2007-08, five plots found no bidders. In the GHSS launched in 2008-09, only five plots were auctioned out of 12. To tackle a lack of parking space in industrial areas with the increasing number of vehicles, Noida Authority's board of directors has decided that industrial areas can have more than one parking basement. "Now, industrial areas can have two parking basements," the CEO said. To promote industries that are currently facing the repercussions of the downturn, Noida Authority will give completion certificates to buildings when they have of 50 per cent construction of the ground-floor area complete. "This clause also applies to residential schemes," a senior official said. The authority has appointed RITES as a technical partner for approval of building projects.
Under the hammer
4 plots in Sector 110 and 120
70,000 sq m
to 1,64,120 sq m — size of plot
6 plots in Sector 137
51,000 sq m to
1,00,000 sq m—size of plot
- Dalit scholar’s death exposed inability of casteist Hindu to be modern
- Annotated edition of Hitler's Mein Kemph
- Why yuan matters Indian equity markets
- R-day and the saccharine sweet patriotism
- It is clear PM’s concept of nationhood extends beyond constitutional parameters
- The sensitive and old controversy about the minority character of AMU