Noida plans to name its roads, put up signage
- Sushil Kumar Shinde's threat: Will crush âelementsâ in media plotting against Congress
- Bihar: 13 RJD MLAs desert Lalu Prasad for Nitish Kumar, but six 'return' hours later
- In Gujarat, 2 Congress MLAs quit to join BJP
- Kejriwal says communalism bigger threat than graft
- Leopard injures seven, Meerut locks itself in
In collaboration with Noida police, the Noida Authority will soon embark on a plan to name roads in the city, after the suggestion came up in a meeting with officials of the National Association of Software and Services Companies ( NASSCOM).
Noida Authority officials said representatives from NASSCOM suggested naming of roads because "it was difficult for people from outside Noida to find their way in the city".
Speaking on issues that plague the city, NASSCOM representatives said, "The streets should be named because it is difficult for people from out of town to reach their destination. On several occasions, the lack of named roads makes it difficult to find addresses, even for persons from emergency services."
Authority officials said, "Less than 10 roads in Noida have names. Therefore, this is a suggestion that we have looked at for a while. However, since it has been mooted again, we will set up a committee immediately to look into the suggestion."
In the meeting, representatives of NASSCOM also suggested enhancing women's security by setting up of CCTV cameras on key junctions and better streetlighting, and improvements to the "worsening traffic situation in the city".