Noida plans to name its roads, put up signage
- Elections 2014 LIVE: SP, BJP hand in glove in communalising elections, says Beni Prasad; Chandrababu Naidu's TDP back in NDA
- Narendra Modi not my protege, a brilliant events manager: L K Advani
- Pakistan bike-snatchers turned terrorists for IMâs âjihad liteâ
- Solicitor General Mohan Parasaran holds AAP govt Reliance FIR illegal
- ICC Twenty20 final preview: On cupâs cusp
In collaboration with Noida police, the Noida Authority will soon embark on a plan to name roads in the city, after the suggestion came up in a meeting with officials of the National Association of Software and Services Companies ( NASSCOM).
Noida Authority officials said representatives from NASSCOM suggested naming of roads because "it was difficult for people from outside Noida to find their way in the city".
Speaking on issues that plague the city, NASSCOM representatives said, "The streets should be named because it is difficult for people from out of town to reach their destination. On several occasions, the lack of named roads makes it difficult to find addresses, even for persons from emergency services."
Authority officials said, "Less than 10 roads in Noida have names. Therefore, this is a suggestion that we have looked at for a while. However, since it has been mooted again, we will set up a committee immediately to look into the suggestion."
In the meeting, representatives of NASSCOM also suggested enhancing women's security by setting up of CCTV cameras on key junctions and better streetlighting, and improvements to the "worsening traffic situation in the city".
- Ram temple matter of faith for BJP; focus on development issues: Uma Bharti
- Congress policies promoting growth of communal forces: Sitaram Yechury
- All Muslim bodies supporting Congress: Chidambaram
- No alliance with Congress in 5 assembly seats: Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Urban areas forgotten as campaigners focus on villages
- AAP tea vendor to take on BJP actor from Ahmedabad East
- Babri Masjid demolition sting: BJP questions timing, asks EC to stop telecast
- Apmaan ka badla lena hoga: Amit Shah in Muzaffarnagar | The Indian Express
- Arvind Kejriwal punched during roadshow in Delhi, AAP supporters thrash attacker
- Sentencing in Shakti Mills gang-rape case likely today, convicts may get death