Noida plot scam: PIL filed against IAS officer Rajiv Kumar
- After arrest, Jitender Singh Tomar resigns as Delhi Law Minister
- Army begins operation near Myanmar border, kills militants involved in Manipur ambush
- Joint CP Mukesh Kumar Meena hits back, says he took charge at ACB under L-G's orders
- Congress president Sonia Gandhi accuses PM Modi of 'U-turns, falsehoods'
- UP minister booked for burning journalist to death over Facebook post
A PIL has been submitted in the Allahabad High Court seeking dismissal of Principal secretary (appointment) Rajiv Kumar, who was convicted by a CBI court in the Noida plot allotment scam.
The court has fixed January 16 as the date of hearing in the matter.
In his public interest litigation (PIL), senior journalist Sanjay Sharma said that the IAS officer was sentenced to three years imprisonment by a special CBI court in the Noida plotallotment scam, along with former UP Chief Secretary Neera Yadav, and should be dismissed on the ground that a convict cannot be permitted to continue holding public office.
He said that the officer should be dismissed from service during pendency of the criminal appeal filed by him against his conviction.
The CBI special judge S Lal had awarded three years sentence to Rajeev and Yadav on November 21 last year and a fine of Rs one lakh each was also imposed on them.
It was alleged that Yadav entered into a criminal conspiracy with 1983 batch officer Rajeev, the then deputy chief executive officer Noida to change the land use of a plot which was embarked as a guest house and also increased its area in violation of norms.
Rajiv has challenged the orders before the Allahabad High court through a criminal appeal and after the admission of which, the court released him on bail.