Noida residents consumed liquor worth over Rs.425 crore
- Coal blocks allocation scam: CBI questions key PM advisor TKA Nair
- Vladimir Putinâs âenvoyâ seeks India deals to counter Western sanctions
- Malaysia asks US to provide undersea surveillance equipment to search for the missing Malaysian plane
- After Advani, Jaswant gets the snub, Cong import Sonaram is BJP Barmer nominee
- Elections LIVE: BJP veteran Jaswant Singh likely to contest as an Independent from Barmer; AIADMK Chief Jayalalithaa guns for 40 seats
Residents of Noida have consumed country liquor, Indian made Foreign Liquor (IMFL) and beer worth over Rs 425 crores in 9 months of the current financial year 2012-13, a senior district excise official said today.
District Excise Officer Kuldeep Yadav said that from April till December last year, total consumption of country liquor was 44.26 lakh bottles, foreign liquor 37.16 lakh bottles and beer 87.44 lakh bottles.
Total excise duty revenue collection this financial year till November was Rs.197 crores against Rs.177 crores last year during the corresponding period, he said.
This year, revenue collection was 11 percent more than last year, said Yadav.
Regarding total sale value, Yadav said taking the average price of Rs.130 per bottle for country liquor, Rs.700 for foreign liquor and Rs.125 for beer bottle, the total sale value of current year's consumption calculates to over Rs.425 crores.
A Delhi liquor shop located at New Ashok Nagar just across the road in Sector 1 Noida has been attracting Noida residents who buy liquor from this shop at Delhi rates which are 30 percent cheaper.
This has been causing revenue loss to the tune of 15 and 20 percent of total revenue to Uttar Pradesh excise department.
- Letter of the Week: Summer of discontent
- Youth’s murder may hamper JMM candidate’s prospects
- Valley, local students clash at Rajasthan varsity
- Cong ship rocks as heavyweights jump to Oppn camp
- Don’t know accused: SC judge rejects hint of bias in murder case
- After Advani, Jaswant gets the snub, Cong import Sonaram is BJP nominee for Barmer