Noida to start naming roads
- Disquiet in BJP as M M Joshi, Sushma raise questions over selected candidates and seat sharing
- Nandan Nilekani, Mohammad Kaif in Congressâs first list for 194 seats
- Vajpayee wanted Modi to quit over Gujarat riots, but party said no: Naidu
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- Kejriwal joins list of VIPs with âZâ category security
In collaboration with Noida Police, the Noida Authority will soon embark on a plan to name roads in the city, after the suggestion came up in a meeting with officials of The National Association of Software and Services Companies. Authority officials said NASSCOM officials suggested naming of roads because "it was difficult for people from outside Noida to find their way in the city".
Speaking about issues that plague the city, NASSCOM representatives said, "The streets should be named because it is difficult for people from out of town to reach their destination. On several occasions, the lack of named roads makes it difficult to find addresses, even for persons from emergency services."