No-jobs chorus greets Rahul Gandhi in Amethi
- FIR against SP leader Azam Khan over hate speech
- His hands tied, PM surrendered to Sonia: ex-media adviserâs book
- How can Modi honour women if he canât mention his wife, asks Rahul
- Mewat simmers after poll clash, killing of Muslim youth
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Six election officials killed in Naxal attack; FIR filed against Azam Khan
Visiting his parliamentary constituency Amethi after exactly a month, Congress leader Rahul Gandhi on Friday addressed the issues raised by his party workers and, ahead of 2014 elections, instructed them to strengthen the party.
"His main concern today was addressing the problems of party workers. He held meetings with party workers in Tekari Dandu village of Deeh block and Ramsapur village of Chattoh block (of Amethi). Rahul assured them of better infrastructure, better roads and more job opportunities," said Amethi District Congress Committee president Prem Narain Tiwari.
"Party workers came with requests regarding infrastructure, poor roads, lack of civic amenities etc, but a common chorus was dearth of jobs in the constituency," Tiwari said. "He assured party workers that the upcoming food processing park as well as Hindustan Paper Mill would provide thousands of jobs," Tiwari said. The workers also proposed a railway line from Sultanpur to Unchahar via Amethi and Salon, to which Rahul assured that he would look into the matter.
Apart from district and block level members, Rahul held meetings with gram sabha and nyay panchayat members also. Besides developmental issues and concerns of party members, Rahul discussed organisational issues and ways to strengthen the party.
- Under attack over rape remark, SP chief Mulayam Yadav blames media
- JD(S) releases manifesto, vows to protect interests of state
- Ambareesh returns, says will sort ‘minor differences’
- Sagar Ghosh killing: Breather for DGP as HC stays single bench order
- Face of Gujarat riots is face of BJP: Mamata
- Cong seeks action against Advani on ‘wrong’ info in affidavit