Nokia likely to launch Lumia phablets in India next week
- Navy Chief DK Joshi takes responsibility for spate of accidents, resigns
- TRS gives jitters to Congress post Telangana creation, says merger unlikely
- SC orders arrest of Sahara chief Subrata Roy, says âarms of court very longâ
- KLF terrorist Bhullar will not be executed in present health condition, Centre tells SC
- Paswan, who left NDA over Modi, signals tie-up with BJP for ânew optionâ
Nokia seems all set to launch its phablets, the Lumia 1520 and 1320, in India next week. The company has sent out invites to tech journalists to what is going to be a "big day" for them.
The two devices were among the six announced at the Nokia World in Abu Dhabi this October. The first large screen smartphone's in Nokia's profile, the devices add a third column of tiles on the home screen using the extra real estate.
The 1520 is more premium and offer a 20MP PureView camera with optical image stabilization (OIS) and a 6-inch screen with†1080p full HD. The 1320 on the other hand has a 720p HD screen.
Meanwhile, tech blog The Verge has reported that Microsoft was thinking of making "Windows Phone and Windows RT available free of charge to device makers" in a bid to take on Google's Android. This would, however, end the virtual monopoly that Nokia has on Windows Phone devices at the moment.
- AviationMin allows 11,000 more seats between India, Dubai
- UPA’s farewell gift: a house for Lalu, rent waiver for many
- Lawyer convicted of killing wife gets HC relief in ‘rape’ case
- Don’t think investments are held back by high rates: Rajan
- Jayanthi scuttled, Moily clears GM crop trials
- IIT-B distances itself from professor’s view on cell tower radiation, says his opinion personal