Noria shoots gold at junior worlds
- No permission for Gujarat roadshow: Arvind Kejriwal released after brief detention
- RJD, Congress agree on seat-sharing deal for Bihar
- Supreme Court takes suo motu cognisance of ink attack on Subrata Roy
- Rahul slams BJP, says party wants to vest power in one person
- Sheila Dikshit appointed Kerala Governor; Congress-RJD pact likely today
Indian shooter Asher Noria continued his rise to fame when he bagged the junior double trap gold at the World Championships in Munich on Thursday. Known in the shooting circle as a one of India's up and coming talent, Hyderabad born Noria shot to fame by scoring 146/150 points to equal Maltese William Chetkuti's six-year-old record.
"I am really excited after the win as winning the medal for the country is a unique feeling," the 17-year-old Noria said, while speaking The Indian Express. He shot rounds of 49, 49 and 48 to finish ahead of Italian C. Alessandro (141). Slovakian shooter Filip Praj settled for the bronze medal with a score of 140.
"I have worked hard on my game in past seven years that I have been shooting and the confidence at this point is just awesome. However I will practice harder to get better from here on. After coming back to India, my focus will be on practicing hard and removing a few flaws that I think are there. This will improve my game further," Noria added.
Noria's gold in Munich comes a couple of months after he bagged the top honours at the Junior World Cup in Suhl, Germany. "It is a pleasure to be a part of the team that bagged the gold and equaled the world record but we would have done better if Noria's mentor Ronjan Singh Sodhi had also qualified for the finals. But Noria looks promising and I am hopeful that he would win many more championships for the country," Indian team coach Amarjung Singh said.
- Four yrs on, 12-yr-old heart patient awaits surgery date at KEM hospital
- A month later, no headway in ‘robbery’ case filed by US national
- E-way users to continue paying toll after 2019
- ED attaches assets worth Rs 863 crore of Jagan, aides
- Hawkers might soon get new space — rly station skywalks
- Modi fans vs Joshi fans in battle for Varanasi