Noria strikes gold in junior World Cup
- No fire NoC, Bhubaneswar hospital lost accreditation two months ago
- Four-tier GST structure proposed: low of 6 per cent to high of 26 per cent, extra on luxury goods
- Law panel seeks 1-year jail for parents who ‘abduct’ kids to foreign country
- Cross-LoC operations in past too, strikes made public as part of strategy, S Jaishankar tells panel
- Ayodhya takes centrestage ahead of UP polls
Young shooter Asher Noria pocketed his second medal in an international competition in style, winning the double trap gold medal on Wednesday with a score of 145+45 at the international junior world cup shooting championship in Suhl, Germany. He missed the junior world record by one point. "It was a close finish but we were helped by the fact that we were fresh from practice. We attended a 20-day camp in Pune for the core group of shooters for the Commonwealth Games before coming here," said Noria, who won the double trap gold at last year's Commonwealth Youth Games as well.
The youngster is one of 150 shooters who were practising at the national camp, and believes the presence of coaches like Masiello Dradi is doing them good. "Practising together helps a lot as we get a chance to practice alongside some of the big names. Dradi is one of the world's best coaches and the Italian has been a guiding force for us," said Noria.
- Sharing culture humanises India and Pakistan, banning pushes both towards war
- Court has been remarkably kind to DGP Rathore, convicted of sexual assault
- Bob Dylan speaks to both the high brow and the ordinary folk
- Free competition and access to knowledge is the default legal norm for many a nation
- South Asia needs a feminist foreign policy
- Goa was a predictable photo-op, the real deal was the trade and aid partnerships