Normal life hit in Darjeeling due to indefinite shutdown
- Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi to hold 'Chai Pe Charcha' on women empowerment on Saturday
- Will not campaign for any candidate, says Anna Hazare
All the three sub-divisions of Darjeeling today wore a deserted look on the second day of the indefinite shutdown which resumed yesterday after a day's relaxation.
The Gorkhaland Joint Action Committee (GJAC) had earlier asked people to strictly observe its "Ghar Bhitre Janta" (people inside homes) programme during state Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee's two-day stay in the hills starting today.
The chief minister is on way to Kalimpong where she is scheduled to be accorded a felicitation by the Lepcha community tomorrow.
Sources said that Mamata would hold an administrative meeting today at Kalimpong where the district magistrate, SP and other high officials are expected to be present. Meanwhile, a 5-member GJAC team reached Delhi to meet Congress and BJP leaders, GJM sources said, indicating that the team was likely to meet Congress general secretary C P Joshi and GJM Darjeeling MP Jaswant Singh today.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today