Bandh disrupts normal life in Tripura
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Normal life was disrupted on the first day of two day strike called by central trade unions in Left Front-ruled Tripura today. Shops and markets were closed, as were schools, colleges,banks and financial institutions.
Private buses and taxis were off the roads and train service came to a standstill in the state. CITU workers staged a dharna on the train lines at the Agartala railways station. Flight operations were, however,normal. The police said the situation was peaceful in the state.