North Korea test-fires 2 short-range missiles: South Korean official
- 12 players, three new teams, IPL officials and owners named in secret report to SC
- Whoâs probing IM? NIA, Delhi Police stories different: HC
- Modi Pak, US dono ko thhokega: BJP S Delhi candidate
- In Cong bastion Nandurbar, you can sense straws in shifting wind
- Doubts surface over murdered Qateelâs âconfessionâ to police
A South Korean official says North Korea test-fired a pair of short-range missiles into its eastern waters this week, in a likely response to the routine ongoing US-South Korean military drills.
A military official in Seoul said today that the North launched what appeared to be KN-02 missiles during its own drills. However he did not specify the day nor did he reveal his name, citing intelligence rules.
North Korea routinely launches short-range missiles in an effort to improve its arsenal. The latest test comes at a time of rising tension.
Pyongyang has threatened nuclear strikes on Seoul and Washington because of the drills and recent UN sanctions over its third nuclear test.
Analysts say Pyongyang's threats are partly an attempt to push Washington to agree to disarmament-for-aid talks.
- RBI banks on Bandhan, trusts Kolkata NBFC with rare licence
- Gujarat to SC: Woman knew of snooping, was thankful
- Doubts surface over murdered Qateel’s ‘confession’ to police
- Will probe scams during BJD rule: BJP
- If Modi slashes gas prices, I will join BJP: Kejriwal
- Chouhan’s wife keeps off Vidisha byelection