North Korea's Kim Jong Un wins Time's 'Person of the Year' reader poll
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day, halfway mark crossed
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- April 17 poll roundup: Rajnath says only Modi will be PM; Jaswant Singh writes to EC against Raje
- IPL 7: Yuvraj Singh roars back to form
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
However, some of the highest vote tallies got a boost from members of Internet forums like 4Chan who launched a campaign to manipulate the results pushing North Korea's supreme leader to the top of the list, Time said.
Yousafzai, who was shot in the head by a Taliban gunman for her outspoken activism, placed 15th in the poll with 340,205 votes followed by Korean rapper Psy, creator of the 'Gangnam Style'-sensation and the most-watched video in YouTube history who was placed 17th.
US President Barack Obama, who was Time Person of the Year in 2008 got 89,000 votes and was placed 19.
- ‘Maintain birth data; see how many go to school after 5 years’
- A nun-lawyer’s habit starts court dress code debate in Delhi
- They have not voted for 10 years
- Dhowan takes over as Navy Chief, superseded Sinha resigns
- State registers 61 pc voter turnout in phase II
- India to pay Russia for arms, ammo it sells to Afghanistan