Not a heavyweight, else I would have been CM, says Akhilesh Yadav's uncle Shivpal
- Rein in non-state actors to have peace, friendship with India: Mufti to Pak
- 27 years after Hashimpura, 4 who survived watch 16 cops walk free
- Government departments seek more space, dial ISRO to innovate
- Sonia gave free hand to decide on CBI probe: Karnataka CM on IAS officer’s death
- Bihar Cheating: ‘Happened last year too, no one noticed’
Senior Samajwadi Party leader and CM Akhilesh Yadav's uncle, Shivpal Singh Yadav on Sunday suggested that he is not among the "heavyweights" in the party as had it been so, he would have become Chief Minister of UP when the party had won majority in last year's Assembly polls.
"Had I been a heavyweight leader, I would have become state's Chief Minister (When the party had come to power)," Shivpal said here.
He said when asked by local party leaders why the minister was not intervening personally to get more representation for the district in the government.
Shivpal, brother of party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav, also took a jibe at elevation of Rahul Gandhi to the rank of Congress vice-president.