Not a heavyweight, else I would have been CM, says Akhilesh Yadav's uncle Shivpal
- After slamming govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Modi at 7RCR
- Arvind Kejriwal lashes out at Centre, says MHA notification politically motivated
- Death toll climbs to 1412 as intense heat wave continues
- India wanted Bofors remark of President retracted: Swedish daily
- Extra-Constitutional authorities were really wielding power in UPA: PM
Senior Samajwadi Party leader and CM Akhilesh Yadav's uncle, Shivpal Singh Yadav on Sunday suggested that he is not among the "heavyweights" in the party as had it been so, he would have become Chief Minister of UP when the party had won majority in last year's Assembly polls.
"Had I been a heavyweight leader, I would have become state's Chief Minister (When the party had come to power)," Shivpal said here.
He said when asked by local party leaders why the minister was not intervening personally to get more representation for the district in the government.
Shivpal, brother of party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav, also took a jibe at elevation of Rahul Gandhi to the rank of Congress vice-president.