Not a heavyweight, else I would have been CM, says Akhilesh Yadav's uncle Shivpal
- Mulayam asks teaching assistants to vote SP, EC sees a 'violation'
- BJP relents to Chandrababu Naidu's demands, alliance likely to continue
- Azam Khan threatens to move Supreme Court, slams EC's relief to Amit Shah
- PMO defends Manmohan Singh, says GDP has grown three times during UPA rule
- IPL 7: Maxwellâs 43-ball 95 helps KXIP chase 206
Senior Samajwadi Party leader and CM Akhilesh Yadav's uncle, Shivpal Singh Yadav on Sunday suggested that he is not among the "heavyweights" in the party as had it been so, he would have become Chief Minister of UP when the party had won majority in last year's Assembly polls.
"Had I been a heavyweight leader, I would have become state's Chief Minister (When the party had come to power)," Shivpal said here.
He said when asked by local party leaders why the minister was not intervening personally to get more representation for the district in the government.
Shivpal, brother of party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav, also took a jibe at elevation of Rahul Gandhi to the rank of Congress vice-president.