Not a heavyweight, else I would have been CM, says Akhilesh Yadav's uncle Shivpal
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
Senior Samajwadi Party leader and CM Akhilesh Yadav's uncle, Shivpal Singh Yadav on Sunday suggested that he is not among the "heavyweights" in the party as had it been so, he would have become Chief Minister of UP when the party had won majority in last year's Assembly polls.
"Had I been a heavyweight leader, I would have become state's Chief Minister (When the party had come to power)," Shivpal said here.
He said when asked by local party leaders why the minister was not intervening personally to get more representation for the district in the government.
Shivpal, brother of party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav, also took a jibe at elevation of Rahul Gandhi to the rank of Congress vice-president.