Not an election Budget, so no early Lok Sabha polls: SP, BJP
- Maoists target teachers, ambulance
- The Rahul Gandhi interview: 'PM candidates are unconstitutional, I won't step back if MPs ask me to be PM'
- Day after EC crackdown, Azam Khan booked for Kargil remarks
- Naveen Patnaik: The survivor
- Elections 2014 Live: Narendra Modi to address Chennai rally in first of many in Tamil Nadu
Chidambaram, on his part, suggested that he was keen to make things move on crucial financial legislations that will require cooperation from the Opposition. He walked across the aisle soon after finishing his speech to greet BJP's L K Advani, Swaraj and Rajnath Singh. He went a step ahead to keep his bitter critic Sinha in good humour in his speech itself. "I intend to work with the Standing Committee and its Chairman (Sinha) in order to finalise official amendments (in Direct Tax Code)," he said.