Not even for his daughter
- Former Pak PM Gilani visited my house just weeks after 26/11: David Headley
- Brussels attacks: Without baggage, over 220 traumatised Indians return home
- Kejriwal named among world's 50 greatest leaders by Fortune, Modi not on list
- Friends get ‘notification’ on Infosys man missing after blasts in Brussels
- ‘RAW officer’ arrested, says Balochistan Home Minister Mir Sarfaraz Bugti
As his application for the renewal of his visa was rejected by the US consulate, Sanjay Dutt missed his 22-year-old daughter Trishala's graduation ceremony. She is a student of the John Jay College of Criminal Justice in New York. This is the second time that Dutt's visa renewal application has been rejected.
Munni in trouble?
The makers of Dabanng are in a fix as Munni badnaam hui, the chartbuster song from the film, is apparently a a straight lift from the soundtrack of a Pakistani film titled Mr Charlie. The Pakistani song Ladka badnaam hua haseena tere liye was recorded in 1993 and film on Pakistani stand-up comedian-actor-producer-director Omer Sharif.
R. Madhavan, who is the brand ambassador of PETA, has written a letter to the CEO of Kentucky Fried Chicken urging him to stop mistreatment of birds by the fast-food industry outlets and the killing of animals. He has requested the boycott of KFC in India over animal welfare and conditions. He was joined by Raveena Tandon and Rakhi Sawant in supporting the work of PETA in India.
As the festive season of Navratri has begun, Tusshar Kapoor visited a dandiya in Mumbai's Borivili area where he danced and interacted with the crowd. In his Golmaal style of a mute guy, he entertained and mingled with the children who scrambled around him for autographs.
The Allahabad High Court has directed Ekta Kapoor, producer of Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai, to show a disclaimer that the movie is not based on former Pakistani actress Rehana's life.
The Lucknow bench of the court also directed Ekta Kapoor, creative director Shobha Kapoor and director Milan Lutharia to publish an order to this effect in five leading newspapers of the country and also foreign newspapers.
Relatives of Rehana, who resides in Pakistan, contended that the portrayal of the character of Rehana in the film undermines the reputation of the erstwhile actress. In their reply, the makers had said that the film does not seek to depict the life or character of any individual, living or dead.
- No proof required: Modi’s ghar wapsi and the return of vikas
- How free is ‘Azad Kashmir’? India and Pakistan provincialised their Kashmirs without consulting the people who live there
- Ambedkar and azadi
- Privacy after Aadhaar
- Real estate non-rescue
- Europe’s jihad crisis is not a problem of its Muslim communities but the outcome of cultural dislocations