Not leaving France over tax dispute: Monica Bellucci
- Navjot Sidhu: Quit RS because I was told to stay away from Punjab
- Chinkara poaching case: Salman Khan acquitted by Rajasthan High Court
- SC issues notice to Vijay Mallya on bank plea seeking contempt proceedings
- Journalists' visa issue: Chinese media warns India of repercussions
- Parliament LIVE: Speaker Mahajan advises Mann not to attend proceedings till decision arrived at
Actress Monica Bellucci insists that her planned move from France to Brazil has nothing to do with an upcoming tax hike which prompted actor Gerard Depardieu to
flee the European country.
Depardieu recently moved to neighbouring Belgium and accepted Russian citizenship after criticising politicians in France over plans to implement a 75 per cent tax on the country's most wealthy residents.
Bellucci, 48, has lived in Paris for many years with her French actor husband Vincent Cassel, but they recently purchased a property in Brazil, prompting fears she too has decided to move abroad to avoid the new tax rates, reported Contactmusic.
However, the Italian actress insisted they are emigrating to Brazil because they both fell in love with the country many years ago and decided to make a change.
- BJP was not dependent on Dalits to win Gujarat. But the apathy may cost in other states
- Jayalalithaa and Mamata defend Mayawati, recast politics on gender lines
- The Worship of False Gods
- As Trump’s support cuts across traditional lines, Hillary Clinton has a tough task
- SH Raza He was the last of Progressive Artists’ Group titans. Only the Bindu remains
- The recent violence against Dalits in Gujarat is a fallout of the Sangh Parivar’s diktats on food