Not PM, Modi is fit to be Home Minister: Govindacharya
- Mad rush, chaos as Arvind Kejriwal takes local train to woo 'aam aadmi' in Mumbai
- SC defers hearing on Sahara's plea on releasing Subrata Roy
- IAF aircraft on standby for missing Malaysian Airlines search ops
- Presidential delay in mercy petitions: SC won't reconsider verdict
- Lalu loyalist-turned rebel Ram Kripal Yadav joins BJP
Former BJP leader Govindacharya has said senior Congress leaders AK Antony and Digvijay Singh have the "potential" to become Prime Minister, but not Narendra Modi or Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi.
"In my view, Defence Minister AK Antony and former Madhya Pradesh chief minister Digvijay Singh have potential to become Prime Minister. I am saying this as both have administrative experience to do good work," Govindacharya said.
He was speaking to reporters after attending the All India Electricity Labourers Federation conference here last evening.
"I feel both Narendra Modi and Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi are not fit to be the Prime Minister of the country," he said.
Replying to a query on the ongoing debate over who could be the BJP's prime ministerial candidate in the 2014 polls, Govindacharya said, "LK Advani could still be the BJP's prime ministerial nominee."
Responding to a question on the suitable profile for Modi if the BJP formed the next government, he said: "Modi is fit to be the Home Minister."