Not so aam: CM gets posh Type VI duplex flats, ministers Innovas
- BJP rubbishes Geelani's claim, calls separatist leader's 'Modi emissary talk' as 'false and mischievous'
- Modi's jibe at Mulayam: âBalaatkariyon ke liye Netaji ka mann ekdum mulayam haiâ
- Malaysian Airlines MH370: 4 questions about missing plane answered
- After denying a 'Modi wave', Joshi endorses Modi as India's next PM
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Rahul Gandhi's vision is limited to 'toffees and balloons', says Raman Singh
Arvind Kejriwal will have many believe that he is an aam aadmi when it comes to allocation of an official residence. However, the chief minister is starting out with approximately the same floor space as that allocated to previous chief minister Sheila Dikshit.
Kejriwal has been allocated two Type VI duplex apartments on Bhagwan Dass Road. Sheila Dikshit completed had completed her first term at AB 17 Mathura Road, a Type VII accommodation.
The AAP also came under scathing attack from the BJP which claimed that AAP was misleading the common man.
Pravesh Sahib Singh claimed that his father Sahib Singh Verma was given a three-bedroom apartment in Civil Lines, a Type V accommodation, when he became chief minister in 1996. "We stayed in a three-bedroom apartment, with his office operating from the residence," Verma claimed.
Sources in the L-G office said a request was made by the chief minister's secretary that these particular duplex flats be allotted to Kejriwal. "We forwarded this request to Delhi Development Authority and it is through the land agency that we got the accommodation arranged," a source at L-G office said.
The AAP Cabinet ministers also drew flak from the BJP MLAs for opting for government cars —Toyota Innovas. Ministers including Manish Sisodia, Rakhi Birla and Saurabh Bhardwaj, came to the Assembly in their official cars. The ministers were allotted the cars on Friday.
Kejriwal and his ministers maintained that they had never said they would not use official cars. They said they were only against using red beacons.