Not sure how 100 crore helps me as an actress: Anushka Sharma
- Elections 2014 LIVE: TMC calls IIM graduates to write blogs for the party; SP, BJP hand in glove in communalising elections, says Beni Prasad
- Narendra Modi not my protege, a brilliant events manager: L K Advani
- Pakistan bike-snatchers turned terrorists for IMâs âjihad liteâ
- Solicitor General Mohan Parasaran holds AAP govt Reliance FIR illegal
- India vs Sri Lanka Live Cricket Score: Asian giants battle it out for T20 supremacy
Anushka Sharma's last film 'Jab Tak Hai Jaan' may have managed to get her into the elite 100 crore club in Bollywood but the actress feels the new benchmark would not help her much in her individual career.
With the feat, the 24-year-old actress also got closer to contemporaries like Sonakshi Sinha and Asin, who have the highest number of century hits to their credit along with seniors like Kareena Kapoor and Katrina Kaif.
Screen Awards: Who was your favourite?
Keeping audiences in mind, Screen India came up with Popular Choice Awards in Best Actor and Best Actress categories.
"I don't really understand how much being a part of this 100 crore club genuinely helps me as an actress. I don't have experience to still ascertain how a 100 crore success could make any difference to my career.
"I am happy that people have liked my film but the way I look at it, sometimes there are films that cater to certain segment of audience and may not always get those crores coming in. 'Jab Tak Hai Jaan' has made money but I don't see any of that affecting me," Anushka said.
The actress, who made her debut with 'Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi' opposite Shah Rukh Khan, ended 2012 on a high with director Yash Chopra's last film 'Jab Tak Hai Jaan' turning out to be a success at the box office.
"I am really happy that the year ended well for me. People liked me for my performance and to hear something like that is always nice. Honestly, being a part of Yashji's film was a huge honour," she said.
Anushka, who has worked with actors like SRK, Ranveer Singh, Akshay Kumar and Shahid Kapoor, will be seen opposite Imran Khan in her upcoming Vishal Bhardwaj film 'Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola' and she is excited about the pairing.
- Rahul slams BJP over corruption and communalism
- BJP welcomes tacit support of DMK chief's son Alagiri
- Ram temple matter of faith for BJP; focus on development issues: Uma Bharti
- Congress policies promoting growth of communal forces: Sitaram Yechury
- All Muslim bodies supporting Congress: Chidambaram
- No alliance with Congress in 5 assembly seats: Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Babri Masjid demolition sting: BJP questions timing, asks EC to stop telecast
- Apmaan ka badla lena hoga: Amit Shah in Muzaffarnagar | The Indian Express
- Arvind Kejriwal punched during roadshow in Delhi, AAP supporters thrash attacker
- Sentencing in Shakti Mills gang-rape case likely today, convicts may get death