Notification issued for PUSU polls after 28 years
- AAP battles Modi in Delhi, Congress missing
- First time, Narendra Modi slams Mamata Banerjee, calls her change ânakliâ
- Third phase of LS polls ends: High turnout in 91 seats; Chandigarh tops with 74 per cent
- Riot victims fight fear to vote, get glimpse of home
- Narendra Modi mentioned wife in poll affidavit after SC order on full disclosure
Notification ws today issued for conduct of the Patna University Students Union (PUSU) polls on December 11 after a gap of 28 years.
The PUSU election committee chairman Upendra Kishore Sinha told PTI the interested candidates can purchase nomination forms from the specified counters from today and submit the same till December one.
The scrutiny of nomination papers for the PUSU polls will take place on December one and the list of candidates will be released on the same day, Sinha said.
The last date of withdrawal of nomination has been fixed for December three and the elections for various PUSU posts will take place on December 11 if required, the PUSU election committee chairman said.
The counting of votes will be held on December 11, he said.
The election will be held for the posts of president, vice-president, general secretary, secretary and treasurer, while the 18-member executive committee will be filled through nomination, Sinha said.
The PU Vice-Chancellor Prof. Shambhu Nath Singh said that the PUSU election will be held strictly on recommendations of the Lyngdoh Committee report that has fixed eligibility conditions like 75 per cent attendence, age limit, ceiling of expenses, etc for the candidates taking part in the students union polls in the universities and colleges.
- Srinath wins title but Deshpande steals show
- Ambala Lok Sabha constituency: 65.15 pc vote in Panchkula district
- ‘No smoking’ signages to dot polling booths
- City breaks electoral record as 74 pc turn out to vote
- BJP campaign in Varanasi starts April 12 — without Modi
- Cong spending Rs 50 cr on each constituency: Kumaraswamy