Now, alternative route to Airport and Gurgaon
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
From December, people heading to the airport as well as Gurgaon through the Aruna Asif Ali Marg may no longer have to put up with long traffic jams. With the Public Works Department (PWD) widening the road from Neela Hauz to Mehrauli-Mahipalpur T-junction, the one-kilometre stretch — which is currently two-laned — will be made six-lane, said PWD officials.
Officials said that the road from Munirka to Neela Hauz has six lanes, and the narrowing of the road thereafter is leading to massive traffic jams at the Mehrauli-Mahipalpur T-junction.
The stretch gets traffic from Vasant Kunj and its surrounding areas, besides Outer Ring Road. "Once the work is completed, it will help take some load off Outer Ring Road, especially as far as the Airport-bound traffic is concerned. People currently tend to avoid this road as there is a bottleneck at the Mehrauli-Mahipalpur T-junction, when the road narrows down from Kishangarh towards the T-junction. But once the road is widened, it will help ease traffic movement from Gurgaon and NH-8 towards Munirka and Vasant Vihar, besides traffic from South Delhi to the Airport as well as Gurgaon,'' a PWD official said.
The cost of the project is Rs 6 crore, and the work is likely to be completed by December. "We have started widening work, and the plan is to lay a road with six lanes for 500 metres, with a divider in the middle. The rest of the 500 metres (in front of Fortis Hospital) will be four-laned as the DDA has not removed encroachments. We can only widen the road once all the encroachments are removed,'' a PWD official said.
"This road is supposed to have a 45-metre-wide right of way (ROW) according to Masterplan 2021. Besides removal of encroachments, utility services such as transformers and dhalaos will also have to be removed during the course of the work,'' an official added.
- Modi govt abetted and pushed 2002 riots further, we didnâ€™t in â€™84:Â Rahul
- Cong begins â€˜primariesâ€™ in two Rajasthan seats
- Hrithik Roshan, Hrithik Roshan Bang Bang, Hrithik Roshan starts shooting, Hrithik Roshan Katrina Kaif, Katrina Kaif bang bang | The Indian Express
- Salman Khanâ€™s â€˜Jai Hoâ€™ collects Rs 100 cr worldwide despite slowÂ start