Now, Congress leader Bikram Singh Brahma allegedly rapes woman, cops rescue him as crowds go berserk
- Will reach out to 'muslim' brothers, address Ram Temple issue: Modi
- Congress backs Priyanka Gandhi as she hits out at opposition for 'targeting Robert Vadra without proof'
- CJI bars advocate's entry in SC for 6 months for sexual harrassment
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Modi hurls a 'khooni panja' at Cong, says its responsible for 1100 lives in Telangana
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, KXIP vs SRH: SRH struggle in stiff chase against KXIP
A woman was allegedly raped by a prominent Congress leader in Lower Assam's Chirang district, police sources said today.
The woman's husband lodged an FIR alleging that Congress leader Bikram Singh Brahma raped his wife last night.
Based on the FIR filed by the woman's husband, the police in lower Assam's Chirang district today arrested Brahma, Chirang superintendent of police Kumar Sanjeev Krishna said.
Brahma is the Congress coordinator of Bodoland Territorial Council and Baksa district Congress committee chairman.
When the people of Santipur area along the Indo-Bhutan border, where the incident happened, came to know of the incident, they gheraoed Brahma and later the police arrived on the scene and took him into custody.
Before cops came on scene crowds had almoxt stripped him naked, severely thrashed him and were in the process of lynching him when he was rescued.
The SP said appropriate action will be taken as per the FIR filed by the victim's husband.
- Satyam scam: ICAI bans four auditors for life
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat