Now, buy gold via vending machines
- Aamir Khan responds, says 'Proud to be Indian, stand by what I said'
- GST is in the interest of the nation, says PM Modi at all-party meet
- Rescued Russian pilot says no warning from Turkey before jet downed
- 'Suit boot ki sarkar' is failing because there are no jobs: Rahul Gandhi
- BJP strategy in Parliament: Aggression is the best form of defense
After cash, now gold and diamonds will be available through vending machines, where one can now purchase medallions, coins or jewellery, thanks to Gitanjali Group which has unveiled such a machine here.
The group plans to set up 75 such gold and diamond ATMs at premium malls, airports and temples in the next three years, giving customers another one-stop shopping option.
"It is a kind of vending machine for both gold and diamond jewellery designed like an ATM. The machine will dispense gold and silver bars, coins, pendants, with religious motifs and a range of diamond studded jewellery, making it the first of its kind in the country," Gitanjali Export Corporation Chief Executive Sanjeev Agarwal said.
"We will spend about Rs 50 crore for this initiative and we expect about Rs 450-500 crore business from this in the next three years," he added.
This vending machine will give the consumer a mix of up to 36 options in different sizes and prices ranging from Rs 1,000-30,000 from across these categories, which will include coins in varying grammages.
This new retailing format will be ideally suited for last minute purchases on auspicious occasions and for gifting, providing instant gratification to the purchaser.
Company INFO More on Gitanjali Gems
- Post 13/11 sloganeering at Antalya and Kuala Lumpur won’t be enough
- Can Parliament be insulated from the vagaries of the political climate?
- Telescope: Aamir and Chinese whispers
- What Manmohan Singh really think about the Planning Commission?
- Going solar
- Newspaper is supposed to expose corruption and injustice wherever it finds it