Now civic body to hire private company to issue building challans
- Rajnath Singh does a Sonia Gandhi, meets top Shia clerics in Lucknow
- Gandhi vs Gandhi: Priyanka slams Varun, says LS poll not a family tea party
- Amnesty welcomes SC verdict on transgender
- If Modi loses in Varanasi, no one will make him PM: Arvind Kejriwal
- SC rejects Kejriwal's plea to stay trial in defamation case filed by Kapil Sibal's son
To get maximum revenue in the form of challans and make sure defaulters are not spared by some 'non-serious' employees, Municipal Commissioner R K Verma has come up with a fresh idea. Now private companies will handle the work of issuing and monitoring challans to building owners violating bylaws. The MC will soon float tenders in this regard.
"Building branch officials have failed to assess correct challans and some defaulters have even been spared. Thus, a decision has been taken in this connection," said a source present at a meeting with the MC commissioner.
A fixed percentage of total challans will be given to the private company, as per the source. Present at the meeting were municipal town planner, assistant town planners, zonal commissioners and MC commissioner. "Verma sir received several complaints in which despite violations, buildings were not issued challans. Therefore, he decided to adopt this method as MC is already facing a severe fund crunch," added the source.