Now, collar that turns into helmet on impact!
- N-Korea says rocket launch a success, Kwangmyong 4 placed into orbit
- Kerala solar scam: Saritha Nair, the woman at the centre of the scandal
- Beef license for foreigners? Haryana govt may soon issue special permits
- As US lifts sanctions, Iran wants India to pay oil dues in euros
- Mumbai set to get India’s first international arbitration centre
Swedish inventors have developed a fashionably large collar, with a hidden airbag, worn around the neck that doubles as a bicycle helmet to keep you safe from injury.
The airbag once released, blows up to form an inflatable hood around the cyclists head. The airbag is made out of an "ultra-strong nylon fabric that won't rip when scraped against asphalt" and only takes 0.1 of a second to inflate.
The mechanism in the Hovding helmet is triggered once controlled sensors "pick up the abnormal movements of a bicyclist in an accident".
The "shell" of the collar, albeit overly large and cumbersome, can change to match your outfit, News.com.au reported.
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress
- Strategies anchored in incubators fail to foster entrepreneurship
- Existing regime of film censorship is unconstitutional
- Section 377: A right to love
- PM Oli has been lucky, but his political survival looks uncertain
- Across the aisle- MGNREGA: Making a meal of words