Now, Congress leader Bikram Singh Brahma allegedly rapes woman, cops rescue him as crowds go berserk
- Curfew imposed in north Kashmir's Handwara town after killing of two young men
- Wife of NIA officer, shot dead in Bijnore, succumbs to injuries at Delhi hospital
- Panama Papers: Tax queries go out to all the names revealed
- India to raise prisoner Kirpal Singh's death issue in Pakistan at top level
- Cleared in a murder case, BJP’s new UP face has an old shadow
A woman was allegedly raped by a prominent Congress leader in Lower Assam's Chirang district, police sources said today.
The woman's husband lodged an FIR alleging that Congress leader Bikram Singh Brahma raped his wife last night.
Based on the FIR filed by the woman's husband, the police in lower Assam's Chirang district today arrested Brahma, Chirang superintendent of police Kumar Sanjeev Krishna said.
Brahma is the Congress coordinator of Bodoland Territorial Council and Baksa district Congress committee chairman.
When the people of Santipur area along the Indo-Bhutan border, where the incident happened, came to know of the incident, they gheraoed Brahma and later the police arrived on the scene and took him into custody.
Before cops came on scene crowds had almoxt stripped him naked, severely thrashed him and were in the process of lynching him when he was rescued.
- The critical bad debt problem calls for deep surgery, not more band aid
- The Strategic Imperative: Benefits outweigh costs of India, US intimacies
- As IITs raise fee, time to consider innovative ways of financing education for elite institutions
- Claims of a Rs 15,000 crore saving in LPG subsidy solely through Aadhaar are erroneous
- NIT Srinagar controversy underlines need to handle sensitive issues with agility
- The next leader Of the United Nations