Now, Congress leader Bikram Singh Brahma allegedly rapes woman, cops rescue him as crowds go berserk
- Winter session Day 1: Govt talks about misuse of word 'secularism', Sonia raises 'intolerance' debate
- Sheena murder: CBI seeks Interpol help, Peter Mukerjea's custody extended till Nov 30
- PPCC chief Bajwa and Jakhar made to resign as rejig in Punjab Congress imminent
- Constitution Day: The many reasons why the BJP decided to celebrate it
- India-Pakistan series to be played from December 15 in Sri Lanka: Rajiv Shukla
A woman was allegedly raped by a prominent Congress leader in Lower Assam's Chirang district, police sources said today.
The woman's husband lodged an FIR alleging that Congress leader Bikram Singh Brahma raped his wife last night.
Based on the FIR filed by the woman's husband, the police in lower Assam's Chirang district today arrested Brahma, Chirang superintendent of police Kumar Sanjeev Krishna said.
Brahma is the Congress coordinator of Bodoland Territorial Council and Baksa district Congress committee chairman.
When the people of Santipur area along the Indo-Bhutan border, where the incident happened, came to know of the incident, they gheraoed Brahma and later the police arrived on the scene and took him into custody.
Before cops came on scene crowds had almoxt stripped him naked, severely thrashed him and were in the process of lynching him when he was rescued.
- Why every patriot should be worried, and, yes, ashamed
- Douglass North emphasised institutions when markets were the focus
- ‘Bovine Divine’ controversy lurched between the horrific and the comic
- PM Modi’s achievements abroad appear to cut little ice back home
- Post 13/11 sloganeering at Antalya and Kuala Lumpur won’t be enough
- Can Parliament be insulated from the vagaries of the political climate?