Now, dental stem cells to be used to grow organs
- Modi in US: PM meets media magnates; promises protection to Intellectual Property Rights
- Mecca stampede: Saudi blames heat, Iran says own responsibility
- Sourav Ganguly appointed chief of Cricket Association of Bengal
- Muzaffarnagar riots: SP, BJP in blame game over commission's report
- Gujarat HC slams Hardik Patel, his lawyer for midnight petition
After blood stem cells that were taken from the umbilical cord to grow tissues and organs, dental stem cells are now being used. Stemede biotech, a Chennai-based company, inaugurated its two connect centres at Dr Vivek Saggar's clinic - Dental Care and Cure Centre and Dr Vikas Jindal's Jindal Smile Clinic on Friday.
Shailesh Gadre, MD and CMD of Stemede Biotech, said, "The stem cells taken from the umbilical cord cure blood related disorders and the dental stem cells can re-generate tissues and organs, and hence can help a person to get relief from damage of cartilages, heart muscles and liver. The tissue will be couriered to the lab in Chennai".