Now, Digvijaya lands in controversy with sexist remark on Meenakshi Natarajan
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Congress general secretary Digvijaya Singh on Friday fired a fresh salvo, this time on none other than party colleague and Congress MP Meenakshi Natarajan. In a sexist remark, the former Madhya Pradesh chief minister called Natarajan a "100 per cent tanch maal".
Addressing a public rally in Mandsaur in Madhya Pradesh, Digvijaya, while appreciating the work done by Natarajan, a close aide of Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi, said, "Main bhi purana johri hun...rajnitigyon ki thodi si baat se pataa chal jata hai kaun farzi hai aur kaun sahi hai...yeh 100 per cent tanch maal hain (I am a veteran...i can easily identify if a politician is genuine or fake by what they say...she is 100 per cent sexy woman)."
The Congress general secretary further hailed Natarajan, saying she has left her mark everywhere, including Delhi. He further said that Congress president Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi also liked her a lot.
He asked the people present at the rally to support Natarajan.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express