Now, Digvijaya lands in controversy with sexist remark on Meenakshi Natarajan
- Telangana LIVE: Bill passed by throwing all norms to the wind, says Kiran Kumar Reddy after quitting Congress
- Protests in RS over Telangana, papers snatched from Secretary General
- Rajiv Gandhi killers to be released, Jayalalithaa takes decision at Tamil Nadu Cabinet meet
- Decision to black out Telangana proceedings taken by Lok Sabha secretariat, confirms Kamal Nath
- Express 5: AAP kickstarts its poll funding drive and Telangana Bill passed in Lok Sabha
Congress general secretary Digvijaya Singh on Friday fired a fresh salvo, this time on none other than party colleague and Congress MP Meenakshi Natarajan. In a sexist remark, the former Madhya Pradesh chief minister called Natarajan a "100 per cent tanch maal".
Addressing a public rally in Mandsaur in Madhya Pradesh, Digvijaya, while appreciating the work done by Natarajan, a close aide of Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi, said, "Main bhi purana johri hun...rajnitigyon ki thodi si baat se pataa chal jata hai kaun farzi hai aur kaun sahi hai...yeh 100 per cent tanch maal hain (I am a veteran...i can easily identify if a politician is genuine or fake by what they say...she is 100 per cent sexy woman)."
The Congress general secretary further hailed Natarajan, saying she has left her mark everywhere, including Delhi. He further said that Congress president Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi also liked her a lot.
He asked the people present at the rally to support Natarajan.
- Money talks: ‘Unanimous’ SLC gets on board with ICC revamp plan
- The great Game Folio: Silk routes
- In taxing times, realtors discover ‘fringe’ benefits
- Few takers for UT scholarships, students claim not enough info
- Interim budget focuses on transport but misses out on Metro Rail for UT
- GPP to become history, will merge with BJP next week in Modi’s presence