Now, Digvijaya lands in controversy with sexist remark on Meenakshi Natarajan
- Patna High Court stays Nitish Kumar's election as JD(U) legislature party chief
- Arvind Kejriwal gets down to business, calls for full statehood for Delhi
- President Pranab Mukherjee warns against deviation from constitutional principles
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: SIT to quiz Shashi Tharoor tomorrow
- Shanti Bhushan accuses Arvind Kejriwal of accepting 'tainted' money
Congress general secretary Digvijaya Singh on Friday fired a fresh salvo, this time on none other than party colleague and Congress MP Meenakshi Natarajan. In a sexist remark, the former Madhya Pradesh chief minister called Natarajan a "100 per cent tanch maal".
Addressing a public rally in Mandsaur in Madhya Pradesh, Digvijaya, while appreciating the work done by Natarajan, a close aide of Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi, said, "Main bhi purana johri hun...rajnitigyon ki thodi si baat se pataa chal jata hai kaun farzi hai aur kaun sahi hai...yeh 100 per cent tanch maal hain (I am a veteran...i can easily identify if a politician is genuine or fake by what they say...she is 100 per cent sexy woman)."
The Congress general secretary further hailed Natarajan, saying she has left her mark everywhere, including Delhi. He further said that Congress president Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi also liked her a lot.
He asked the people present at the rally to support Natarajan.