Now, equity SIP to invest in stocks
- 9 killed, over 40 injured as Bengaluru-Ernakulam Express train derails near Hosur
- SC says allegations grave, but grants relief to Teesta Setalvad in cheating case
- All you need to know about AAP's WiFi Delhi promise
- 19 killed as militants storm Shia mosque in Pakistan
- Modi’s cricket diplomacy: Renewing political contact with Pakistan
ICICIdirect.com, the online retail broking site from ICICI Securities, announced the launch of Equity SIP (Systematic Investment Plan).
Equity SIP will provide an opportunity for retail customers to invest systematically and in a disciplined manner in specified stocks and ETFs (Exchange Traded Funds), the company said in a statement here.
Customers of ICICIdirect.com can purchase a specified stock/ETF at regular intervals over a period of time.
ICICIdirect.com is offering two options for equity SIP investment. Under the amount based equity SIP, a fixed amount (or approximately the same) is invested in the desired stock at each frequency and under the quantity based equity SIP is a SIP type wherein a fixed quantity of desired stock is
purchased at each frequency.
Through equity SIP, customers can choose to invest at a specified frequency - daily, weekly, fortnightly or monthly from a plethora of stocks, gold funds, Exchange Traded Funds and systematically start the journey of creating wealth, the release said.
"Though there is an appetite for equity investments in India, timing the market brings an element of speculation and thus many potential investors hesitate from making a fundamental investment," ICICI Securities Head – Equity, Vishal Gulechha said.