Now, fly Mumbai-Delhi on AI every hour
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll of most influential people
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate
- BJP complains to EC over St Xavier principal's criticism of Modi's Guj model of development
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs RR: RR face stiff CSK challenge in Dubai
To cater to increased Diwali, Christmas and winter holiday demand, national carrier Air India (AI) started hourly flights on the high-density Mumbai-Delhi-Mumbai route on November 12. It is plying 18 flights between 6 am and 11 pm every day.
"It is a welcome move as there are hardly any Mumbai-Delhi flights between 11 am and 4 pm. Private carriers operate between the metros mostly in the mornings and evenings. People will have more daytime options when fares come down," said Iqbal Mulla, president of Travel Agents Association of India.
He said passenger traffic on the Mumbai-Delhi route was about 5 to 7 per cent higher this time of the year. The Kingfisher Airlines crisis is also affecting passengers.
"Earlier, Air India used to ply a similar number of flights daily between Mumbai and Delhi, but these would be concentrated in the mornings and evenings. Now, we have improved frequency throughout the day. Most of these flights would be direct, while some will have a stopover," a spokesperson said.
Air India, which flies to 63 domestic and 27 international destinations, operates Airbus A-320 and A-321 with 146 and 172 seats in the Mumbai-Delhi-Mumbai sector.
"It is good to know I have so many flight options. I work odd hours and won't have to worry about exiting office early to catch a flight," said Anu Mudholkar, who works in the retail industry and frequently flies to Delhi to meet family.
Convenience in the air
Air India, which flies to 63 domestic and 27 international destinations, operates Airbus A-320 and A-321 with 146 and 172 seats in the Mumbai-Delhi-Mumbai sector
The national carrier is now plying 18 flights between 6 am and 11 pm every day on the route
- Lalu Prasad hits out at BJP and VHP, says its leaders Giriraj Singh, Praveen Togadia are 'hate mongering'
- Gujarat model a big lie, BJP should clarify: Akhilesh
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate issue
- 2,700 more Muzaffarnagar riots victims apply for relief
- Shazia Ilmi's 'communal muslims' remark: BJP hits out at Aam Aadmi Party
- Battle of Varanasi: Kejriwal tears into Rahul, Modi over 'helicopter democracy'